Our next indoor meetings will be held on Wednesday 1st November, at 7.30-9.30pm in the Lounge at Littlebourne War Memorial Hall Complex (w3w link), High St, Littlebourne, Canterbury CT3 1ST
This will be our AGM meeting, but also a “not a Honey Show” meeting.
We need to elect/confirm the committee for the next year – and we are always looking for people to join the committee. One long-standing member is stepping back, and we have to develop a good plan for Asian Hornet activities for the Canterbury branch, so it would be great if one or more people could help out in this area. Please contact any of the committee, in particular Adrian, if you are interested.
The “NOT a Honey Show” element of the meeting is unjudged, and intended to be a bit of fun to celebrate the highs and lows of beekeeping in 2023. Please bring one or more items to discuss informally. Here are some ideas:
- Honey – Ideally in 8oz or 12 oz jars with a label with your name and where your apiary is. (Honey will be tasted and comments shared on appearance, taste, texture etc but this will not be competitive)
- Products made with honey – drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, cakes, savouries, preserves, salad dressing – whatever else you do with honey to consume! Please mark all products with your name and recipe if appropriate.
- Wax – Any products produced by wax – wax bars, wax blocks, polish, candles, cosmetics, wax cloths…..
- Art work – anything arty inspired by your beekeeping, produced either by yourself or others
- Bee gifts – we will have one collection of the most beautiful/ prized bee gifts you have been given and another for the least lovely – so please gather up all the bee gifts you have been given
- Contraptions – What have you made, or accumulated which helps with your beekeeping? Tools, gadgets
it’s always nice to accompany a cup of tea/coffee with cakes/biscuits, if any of you have the time to make/bake – combine it with the “honey based products” above!