Julian Parker’s first full season as the South Eastern Regional Bee Inspector has completed, and he has written a comprehensive report of activities in Kent and elsewhere in the South East. Below I’ve provided the link to the full report; I’ve just pulled a few headlines to whet your appetite
- No reports of AFB in Kent
- Only 10 cases of EFB reported in Kent, focused in Tunbridge Wells and East Grinstead/Forest Row area
- Reinforcement of the need for all beekeepers to register with BeeBase, in case of local disease outbreaks
- NBU’s desire to recruit and train more Bee Health Advisors, to assist SBIs in triaging bee health issues
- NBU now part of “Animal and Plant Health Agency” (RIP FERA!)
You can find Julian’s report at the NBU website here:
And if you are not registered with BeeBase (and thus would not be alerted to any disease outbreak within a 10km radius of your apiary), please consider entering your details in BeeBase here.