Although it’s too late to join our Spring courses, we’re happy to hear from people interested in attending a course later in the year (most likely in the early autumn). We’ll use your contact details to let you know what we offer, later in the year.
This course is aimed at potential beekeepers and those with an interest in beekeeping. It covers all the needs of those thinking about keeping bees. Novice beekeepers will also benefit by attending this course. Not everyone becomes a beekeeper after the course but everyone will come away with a realistic understanding of the pleasures and practicalities of beekeeping today.
Examples of course contents
- Know how to start & manage a beehive
- The different types of hive and types and assembling of frames
- The costs and time involved
- Understand the life cycle of a honeybee colony
- How to manage swarming
- Be able to identify problems in the hive and prevent, or manage these problems when they happen
- Know how to harvest products from the hive, including honey and beeswax
- Have enough information to decide if you would like to keep bees
Fill out the form below to be contacted when additional courses become available.